Tuesday 29 January 2013

Threadless T-shirt designs and T-shirt designers.

This post shows a selection of my favourite designs from the treadless website and it is a good way to judge what threadless are looking for in a design. I really like this first one, more for the content than the design. I can see references to characters from the following movies: Donnie darko, Start Wars, Fight Club, Soylent Green, 300, The matrix, The usual suspects....actually, come to think of It I think I can recognise every reference in the design. Thats the thing about movie related shirts, they have to be a little bit subtle or they get washed away in a sea of ink and fabric. T.V and movie related designs are a dime a dozen and must be original and well thought out.


Spoilt Hero Shot

I believe this design is a not to the recent movie release 'Abe Lincoln: Vampire Hunter' As the Character is obviously lincoln and in that movie he uses similar weapons, I cannot recall what the 'S' and the 'N' stand for though. The drawing of lincoln is realistic but also a little bit stylised, I think My designs will be more realistic but `I must be careful to not make the mistake of just simply putting artwork on a T-Shirt surface.

Abe Hero Shot


This One Is a zombie take on the famous 'WE WANT YOU' U.S Army recruitment poster. Again this poster has been redone countless times and must really stand out. Although well drawn this design doesn't really grab me but Is a good design in it's category.

Join the Awesome Hero Shot

This Is a very popular one on the website. Political, hip, and funny. not easy things to combine in a T-Shirt design. I can't name them all but the characters represent all the major communist leaders in the last 50 odd years. Amongst them is Stalin, Putin and Kim Jong Il. This shows a funny and 'lighter' side to communism and plays up to the stereotype of alcoholism within some of the leaders pictured.


The Communist Party Hero Shot

This one I find more clever that the "WE WANT YOU DEAD" T-Shirt design. It is so easily recognisable but also has a very popular element at the moment 'Zombies!'. 
Zombie at Tiffany's Hero Shot

This design is one that won a Threadless award (think it was design of the month in a specific catagory). This doesn't really need any explanation, The dark Vs Light and Light saber imagery should be all the information you need. 

Collaboration of the Year

I really like this one too! The lighting make the design and the composition is perfect, you obviously drawn to the the centre where the car and light is. Again, zombies prove popular.


The Horde Hero Shot

No comments:

Post a Comment